Applying the ethics and principals of permaculture design to our outdoor environment results in highly productive and efficient landscapes; Landscapes that use and store water efficiently, that use plants which are well adapted to the region, and seek to mimic natural ecosystems to minimize or completely eliminate waste. Although there are many recurring patterns within permaculture design, each design is unique to the site’s specific opportunities and challenges.
The Wild Green Yonder offers affordable ecological landscape consultation for homes and small businesses in the Denver area. No matter what the season, no matter what knowledge you already have, we’ll work with you to effectively incorporate Permaculture principles into your site.
If you’re located in the central Denver area (between I-70, Wadsworth, Havana and Hampden), we offer the following services:
90 Minute Consultation – $125
- An assessment of your short- and long-term desires for the property. How would you like to use the space? What kinds of tangible and intangible yields are you looking to get from your site?
- Suggestions for overall site planning. Where to put the compost bin? How big should the garden be? How to screen off noise from the street?
- Strategies for minimizing use of external resources. How can I build soil with materials from the urban waste stream? How can I incorporate stormwater runoff to lessen the need for irrigation?
After the visit, we can provide ongoing assistance with the design and implementation of your site. We’ll connect you with our trusted network of landscape designers and installers – or if you prefer, help you find the materials to do it yourself!
If you live outside our site visit area, we are happy to provide consultation over the phone or at our office for an affordable rate.
conceptual landscape design – rates vary
If you’re excited after hearing the possibilities, the next step is to complete a conceptual design for your site.
- Basemap of your existing site
- Analysis of the zones and sectors effecting your site How to best utilize that shady area in the corner of the yard? What to do with areas that receive high winds? Water drainage?
- Visual map of suggested layout of features Shows the best place to locate a greenhouse, berms for water retention, fruit trees, etc.
- Recommendations of specific species and their placement to fit your needs. Which plants will give me the yields I’m looking for without too much fuss?
Detailed Landscape Design – Rates vary
- Planting Plan A thoughtfully laid out design that includes specific plant varieties and their exactly placement around the site. Includes integration of plant guilds and companion plants
- Materials List A breakdown of all design elements with a list of materials and where to acquire them
- Cost Estimate We work closely with installers to provide a cost estimate of materials and labor that are as accurate as possible.
Contact us for specifics about our rates and availability.
*Rates vary depending on the size of the site and hours projected to complete each phase of the design.